This privacy notice applies to all users of the Merchant Factors website.
We value your privacy. Therefore, we have created this privacy notice to help you understand how we collect, use, share, protect and store your personal information.
We update this privacy notice occasionally. We will inform you when we do.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
1. What personal information we collect and generate
|We collect information that helps us provide our services to you (i.e. factoring, trade finance and bridging finance).||We collect:
As an existing client, we collect:
|We generate information about you relating to the service we provide you with.||As an existing client, we generate:
2. When and why we collect and process your personal information
|When we collect and use your personal information||Why we collect your personal information|
||We process this information to meet our contractual obligations with you.|
||We process this personal information with your consent.|
3. In order to deliver services to you, we must share your information with others we trust
|We will only use service providers we trust and who will keep your information secure, and we have contracts in place to ensure that they do.||We use service providers to help us provide IT services.
We trust the service providers that we use, and they have agreed to keep your information secure and confidential, and to only use it for the purpose for which we have shared it with them.
4. We have taken reasonable steps to minimise the impact of a breach
|We have reasonable security safeguards in place to protect your personal information.||Our security safeguards are in place to protect your personal information from:
|We review our security safeguards regularly to ensure they are being implemented properly.
We also review our security safeguards’ adequacy regularly to ensure they are secure enough to protect all the information we store against all known risks and deficiencies.
|These safeguards are reviewed regularly to ensure they are working properly and are strong enough to protect your personal information against all known risks and deficiencies.
But no system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of any of our security safeguards.
|We will let you know of any breaches that may affect your personal information.||If something should happen, we will take steps to minimize the threat to your privacy, and we will let you know if your personal information has been compromised.
We will also let you know how you can help minimize the impact of a breach.
5. Why, how and for how long we store your personal information
|We keep records of your personal information which are essential for historical, commercial and legal purposes.||We have to keep your information for as long as we are providing services to you.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to or than we are legally required to.
6. You have the right to know what we know about you, and what we do with that information
You can request access to the information we hold about you or correct your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may take us up to 21 days to respond to your request, because there are procedures we need to follow. In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity.
You have the right to:
- ask what personal information we hold about you, ask when we collect and process the personal information we hold about you, and ask how we collect and process the personal information we hold about you.
- request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- request that we delete your personal information.
- ask us to update or correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you.
- ask what personal information of yours was sent to any other third party.
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send to you.
- object to the processing of your personal information.
- lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.